It has become barely possible to imagine everyday life without cars as the main way of transportation. They give us freedom to travel anywhere we want, even transferring countries borders. Owing to this always mobile method of transportation we can arrive to any place daily or nightly.
Nevertheless, no matter how useful cars are, they still require some basic maintenance, technical and a more sophisticated one. And of course, it costs money. Still the most crucial wasting point is gas. Unfortunately, it is considered to be one of the most precious liquids on the planet and it does not cost a few pennies.
So what shall be the best tips on saving some funds on your vehicle usage but still taking most of it. Here they are:
- Use your breaks as little as possible and do not consider tailgate lights as an option as their maintenance will definitely cost you a bit. Defensive slow driving is always more secure in a case an accident. Moreover, you use more petrol while breaking off abruptly.
- Have you known that amount of gas usage directly depends on trunk weight? So you will save a bit if you go for a long-term trips lightly packed. And frankly speaking, it is always easier to wash some clothes during the trip instead of leaving somewhere fully packed with too much luggage.
- Traffic is not a good way to save on gas. There have been so many different apps created for smartphones and IPhones that will help you figure out what routes it is better to choose in order to avoid traffic jams.
- Do not forget to set up cruise control on highways. Constant slowing down and speeding up will serve you no good especially your wallet at next petrol station. Even if you drive fast, most probably that your car will switch to fuel economy and you will not reach your destination faster.
- How far from work do you live? Have you ever considered an option of moving closer to your work? This could be a good idea taking into account that you may prolong usage of your vehicle, save on gas and stop being late for work.
- Do not over-speed and try to drive less than 100 km/h. While driving under such speed fuel usage drops to a relatively decent level. Furthermore, you will never be fined for speeding up and thus, there is one more extra point of not overspending on a vehicle.
It is possible to start visiting gas pumps more seldom without spending too much if you just follow those small tips. Bottomline, try to think whether you can replace your vehicle with some more frugal transport types occasionally and in the end of month you will see the difference!